Our research document escrow service is suitable for the safe keeping of research documentation, providing funders of various research and development projects with the ability to ensure that the material subject to an agreement is safe and secure with a non-partisan 3rd party provider.
This escrow service provides a facility where software source code, or documents relevant to information gathered and recorded during a research project, are stored in a highly secure controlled access vault in Wellington, which can only be accessed via certain release triggers occurring, or upon the cessation of the pre-determined storage period, at which time you may wish to have the material returned or destroyed.
How it works
The escrow process is simple:
- A researcher and funder agree that the they should engage an independent and trusted third party (an "escrow agent") to hold a copy of the relevant research documentation and enter into an agreement
- The researcher deposits the escrow material with SENZ.
- SENZ stores the material in a highly secure controlled access vault in Wellington.
- The escrow arrangement concludes at a pre-determined date generally 5-7 years after the completion of the research. At this date the material will be sent to the appropriate party or destroyed
Cost of Research Document Escrow
The cost model for Software Escrow is simple. The Escrow costs are as follows:
- One-off Setup Fee: $195 + GST
- Escrow Term Fee : $7000 + GST